SPIA organized a consultation workshop at ILRI in Addis Ababa on 19th and 20th February 2020. The objectives of the workshop were to:
- Get a peer-review of a comprehensive overview of the CGIAR-derived innovations that we think can be observed in Ethiopia-wide surveys in 2018-2021 and beyond
- Present results from SPIA’s work in Ethiopia (including presenting early data for relevant indicators that were incorporated in the 2018 Ethiopian Socioeconomic Survey)
- To discuss how variation in agroecology, market access, and government programs may influence adoption of innovations in different parts of the country (learning from the perspectives of EIAR, as well as the Ministry of Agriculture / ATA)
- To build awareness of, and demand for, the data that are being generated through the partnership with CSA and World Bank LSMS-ISA
- To develop a strategy for institutionalization of the work program for the long-term
For more info, see the event-related blog here.