June 1, 2023 , 02:00 PM CEST (Rome)
Duration: 1h 00m
EvalForward is a Community of Practice on Evaluation for Food Security, Agriculture and Rural Development launched in 2018 by the evaluation offices of FAO, IFAD, WFP and CGIAR, with the purpose to Improve national capacities in conducting or using evaluations related to agriculture, rural development and food security through the establishment of an international network open to evaluators, development practitioners, policymakers and researchers across national institutions to share evaluative information and knowledge on food security-related interventions. Is this aim still valid and what is the added value that EvalForward and Communities of Practice in general bring to the evaluation community?
This gLOCAL event will highlight the novel cross-agency dedicated facilitation model of EvalForward, how peer to peer capacity development strengthens culture and collaboration opportunities within the evaluation community, as well as the role of institutional sponsorship of Communities of Practice in order to deliver global public goods where there would otherwise be gaps.
- Knowledge management and communication
- National Evaluation Capacities
- A presentation of the EvalForward Review by Carl Jackson, knowledge management and evaluation consultant, UK.
- Interventions by Masahiro Igarashi (EvalPartners co-chair and former FAO evaluation director) and EvalForward Steering Group representatives: Svetlana Negroustoueva (Evaluation Lead, CGIAR) and Aurelie Larmoyer (Senior evaluator, WFP)
- Testimonials and change stories by members of the Community: Nayeli Almanza (Mexico), Gordon Wanzare (Kenya) and Anna Maria Augustyn (Poland).
- Independent Review of EvalForward Community of Practice
- Independent Review of EvalForward Community of Practice: Briefing note