The CGIAR System Council is seeking to appoint a new Chair for SPIA. Interested candidates should apply by 16 June 2023.
The SPIA Chair serves for a term of 3 years with the possibility of renewal for one additional term. The position requires a minimum commitment of approximately 50 days per year.
Essential duties include:
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight to SPIA and its program of work in the three pillars of the SPIA workplan
- Ensure key links between SPIA and the international academic community
- Represent SPIA in relevant internal and external fora, including System Council Meetings
- Nominate candidates for SPIA Membership for System Council approval
- Provide oversight and guidance of the technical performance of the SPIA Professional Team
Please find more information about the role, eligibility and application documents here.